## Decide what you want to explain & why
Note: If you don’t know what you’re going to explain or why you need to explain it, then you may want to skip this step and move on to the next step.
## Brainstorm what you’d like to explain in your explain video
The first step is to brainstorm what you would like to talk about in the explain video. This is a great way to get your creative juices flowing and start thinking about what you can talk about and why you should talk about it. It’s also a good way to think about how you want the explainer video to be structured.
### Brainstorming tips
There are a couple of things to keep in mind when brainstorming:
1. Keep it simple. You don’t want to get bogged down in a lot of details. It’s better to keep it simple and to the point.
2. Think about the audience. Think about who you’re trying to explain this to and what they might need to know to understand what you’re talking about. For example, if you’re explaining how to use a new app, you might want to start by talking about what the app does, how it works, and why it’s better than the alternatives.
3. If you’re not sure what to say or how to say it, don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you need help brainstorming, reach out to someone in your organization who might be able to help you out.
4. Keep in mind that you don’t have to explain everything at once. You can start by explaining the most important things and then come back to the other things later.
5. Don’t worry if you can’t think of anything to say at first. Just keep brainstorming until you come up with something that you’re excited about and that you think would be interesting for your audience to hear.
6. Make sure that you have a clear idea of what the end result of your explainer should look like. This will help you keep your brainstorming focused and on track.
7. You can always come back and add more to your brainstorm later on.
8. It’s okay if you change your mind or if you realize that what you thought was going to be a good idea isn’t as good as you thought it would be. Don’t feel like you have to stick to what you came up with in the first place.
9. The more you brainstorm, the better you’ll get at coming up with good ideas.
10. Try not to get too attached to any one idea. You might think that one idea is the best idea you’ve ever had, but that doesn’t mean that it’s the only idea you’re going to end up using.
11. Remember that you can always add new ideas to your list as you go along.
12. When you’re done brainstorming and you’re ready to start writing, make sure that your ideas are organized in a way that makes sense to you and that makes it easy for you to remember what you were thinking about when you were brainstorming.
13. Now that you’ve got your ideas in order, it’s time to write them down.
14. Once you’ve written down all of your ideas, go through them one by one and decide which ones you think are the best ones to include in your video.
15. After you’ve made your final decision, go back through your ideas one more time to make sure you haven’t missed anything.
16. Finally, once you’re happy with your list of ideas, start writing your script.
17. As you write your script, try to keep things short and simple. You’re not trying to write a novel here. You just want to give your audience a quick overview of what you’ll be explaining.
18. At the end of the day, you want your script to be short and sweet. It should only take you a few minutes to write. If it takes you longer than that, then it’s probably because you’re writing too much.
19. Writing a script is a lot like writing any other piece of content. You want to be clear, concise, and focused.
20. Your script should be written in the present tense. This means that you should use present tense verbs to describe what’s happening in the video and what’s going to happen in the future.
21. To help you write a script that’s clear and concise, you can use the following tips:
– Use short, declarative sentences. Use short sentences that are easy to understand and that don’t use too many different words.
– For example: “The first thing you should do is open the app.”
– For more tips on how to write concise, clear, and easy-to-understand sentences, check out this post.
## Write your script
Once you’ve decided what to explain and why, you’re finally ready to write the script for your video explainer.